About About Adaptive
We Are Adaptive
Adaptive is a multiplatform, multiscreen app development and build environment that provides the right tools crafted for and by developers, designers and testers like you.
We strive to build a better way to create Native and HTML5 hybrid apps for mobile, web and everywhere.
Adaptive is comprised of a series of PaaS (Platform-As-A-Service) development tools and build services (Build-As-A-Service) for our own opensource native runtime as well as supporting other popular runtimes (PhoneGap, Cordova, etc.) to encapsulate hybrid apps on a diversity of platforms.
We’re opensource to facilitate co-creation, contribution and build as diverse a community as possible around this project!
Do we really need YAAP (Yet Another App Platform)? Yes, we do.
- Adaptive is focused on being coherent, facilitating design, accelerating development, fostering innovation, delivering performance and simplifying app security during the development of apps for Android, iOS, Linux, OSX and Windows on whichever form-factor they target.
- Adaptive is not focused on supporting the maximum number of operating systems at the cost of incoherent APIs on each platform, restrictions on the use of frameworks, complicated commands and tools, some code being closed-source, mostly tolerable performance and leaving security up to you. In fact, if you have experiences with other frameworks, we’d like to hear from you so that we can make it collectively better.
- Adaptive is independent, our developments are guided by what we as a team deem to be the best possible technical solution.
- Adaptive can not be found on a Gartner or Forrester report. We’re too poor.
And, yes, we need to make some money at some stage to feed our developers and pet hamsters - yours truly included - all donations of funds and materials for the development and support of these opensource projects are very welcome. But first, we’ll keep on hacking to make the best possible platform for all developers out there.
For more information please visit adaptive.me.
- “Diversity: the art of thinking independently together.” - Malcolm Forbes
- “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas A. Edison